This episode of ECN's Engineering Update is brought to you by Mouser Electronics, the electronic components distributor with the widest selection of the newest products. In this week's headlines:
· For the first time ever, the Navy has launched a drone the size of a fighter jet from the USS George H.W. Bush warship.
· Scientists at Germany's Max Planck Institute have created polymer-based flexible circuits, able to withstand high temperatures. These flexible paper circuits are so efficient, low cost, and versatile that they promise to open doors into new possible electronic applications.
· The SeeSV-S205 is a portable, lightweight sound camera that can locate the direction of sound, a particular tool that may come in handy for a variety of uses.
· Researchers at the University of Utah have discovered multiple uses for an ordinary microwave in their lab. They figured out a method for creating solar cell material with just a few basic ingredients.
· A highly specialized drone in Norway is surveying the land in search of oil, helping geologists to build a more precise 3D model of what's happening below the earth's surface.
Want to read the full transcript? Check it out, here