This episode of Engineering Update from ECN is brought to you by Mouser Electronics, the electronic components distributor with the widest selection of the newest products. In this week's headlines:
· Easy LEDs: A recent project to light up Kickstarter are the Klauf Light Bars. The portable LED strips come in 6 and 12 inch lengths, and can be arranged and connected in reaching up to 15 feet in total length.
· Portable, Large-Scale 3D Scanning: A new 3D scanner called the Go!Scan from Creaform is 10 times faster than other similar devices, and is completely portable.
· Smart Home Robots: Honda has recently announced that it is teaming up with Japan's Sekisui to design model households using smart technologies. So far, the robotics program has created humanoid robots and a personal mobility vehicle.
· A Printable Bionic Ear: An exciting new project developed by scientists at Princeton University has succeeded in producing a functional "super-ear" by using off-the-shelf printing tools and electrical components.
· Charging Phones With Pedal Power : The Siva Cycle Atom is a mountable device that uses manual energy produced through bike pedaling to charge a smartphone.
View the FULL TRANSCRIPT here.