This week on engineering newswire, brought to you by PD&D TV:
• Felix "Fearless" Baumgartner breaks the sound barrier by skydiving from an incredible height of 24 miles about the earth.
• NASA and the IHMC, with Oceaneering SpaceSystems of Houston, have developed the X1 robotic exoskeleton to either assist or inhibit movement in leg joints.
• Exercise gets more attractive with FitWet's Jet Bike that combines a stationary, underwater bike with a personal jetted tub.
• The Office of Naval Research is evaluating the second railgun prototype launcher, which is a long-range naval weapon developed by General Atomics, that fires projectiles using electricity.
• Helsinki Institute of Information Technology and the Max Plank Institute of Informatics have created a high-tech vibrating glove that utilizes sensors to steer users' hands to objects of interest.
This episode is brought to you by Smalley Steel Ring Company, the exclusive manufacturer of Spirolox Retaining Rings and Smalley Wave Springs for more than 50 years. Request samples to try in your application today at http://www.smalley.com/.