Linear Technology Corporation (Milpitas, CA) announces the LTC3882, a dual-output multiphase synchronous step-down DC/DC controller with a serial digital interface. The LTC3882 uses leading-edge modulation voltage-mode control for excellent transient response and operates with very low DCR (0.25 milliohm) inductors, enabling higher efficiency and up to 40A per output phase. Compatible power train devices include DrMOS, power blocks or discrete FET drivers and associated N-channel MOSFETs. Other features include:
- Configurability and telemetry-monitoring of power and power management parameters over PMBus.
- 2-wire serial interface.
- A 6mm x 6mm QFN-40 package.
- +/-0.5% maximum DC output error over temperature.
- +/-1% current read back accuracy.
- An IC power supply between 3V and 13.2V.
For more information on the LTC3882, visit www.linear.com.