A new low power I/Q modulator from Linear Technology (Milpitas, CA) enables battery-powered transmitters operating in the 30MHz to 1.3GHz frequency bands, breaking new ground in power consumption, sideband suppression, carrier leakage and dynamic range performance. The LTC5599 modulator, powered from a single 2.7V to 3.6V supply, draws only 28mA current, less than 60% that of alternative solutions-with no performance sacrifice. The LTC5599 delivers outstanding native -52.6dBc sideband suppression and -51.5dBm carrier leakage without calibration. Other features include:
- Performance that can be improved to -60dBc and -65dBm, respectively.
- A noise floor of -156dBm/Hz with an OIP3 of 20.8dBm.
- Adjustable fine gain control of 0.1dB.
- Total gain ranging from -19dB to 0dB.
- A total of 74MHz RF bandwidth at 900MHz frequency.
For more information on the LTC5599, visit www.linear.com.