Intersil Corporation (Milpitas, CA) announced the ISL78268 55V synchronous buck controller with 3A integrated high-side and low-side drivers. The most versatile high voltage buck solution available, the ISL78268 buck controller provides very high step-down efficiency for a wide variety of load currents from under 5 to over 25A, enabling it to support virtually every 12, 24, or 48 volt high current buck requirement for automotive and industrial applications. Other features include:
- Tolerance of 55V inputs, making it ideal for automotive applications.
- Support for the 12V clamped load-dump specifications and new 48V power system being adopted by European OEMs.
- Integrated 3A driver, allowing the ISL78268 buck controller to sharply switch small power FETs or parallel combinations of large FETs.
- Adjustable switching frequency from 50kHz to 1.1MHz.
- Low shutdown current of 3uA.
For more information on the ISL78268, visit www.intersil.com.