Toshiba America Electronic Components, Inc. (San Jose, CA) announced the TB9052FNG motor pre-driver IC. The new device was developed for safety-critical automotive applications such as electric power steering (EPS) and other systems compliant with Automotive Safety Integrity Level D (ASIL D), the most rigorous measure defined within functional safety standard ISO 26262. Features include:
• A built-in motor current detection circuit in a redundant configuration.
• A range of circuits that detect system failures, including battery under-voltage, 5V under voltage, over temperature, and driver electrical short.
• Four channels, two high-side and two low-side, and a charge pump to solely drive N-channel MOSFETs.
• A HTSSOP48-P-300-0.50 package measuring 12.5 x 6.1 x 1.2mm.
• Operating voltage range of +6 to 18V.
• Operating temperature range from -40 to +125 degrees C.
For more information on the TB9052FNG, visit www.toshiba.co.jp/index.htm.