Avago Technologies (San Jose, CA) unveiled the ACPL-302J, a new smart gate-drive optocoupler device that improves isolated power supply and simplifies gate drive design. The ACPL-302J features an integrated flyback controller for DC-DC converters and a full set of fail-safe IGBT diagnostics, protection and fault reporting, providing a complete and cost-effective gate drive solution. With a 2.5A rail-to-rail output, the device is ideal for driving IGBTs and power MOSFETs in industrial power inverters and motor drives. Other features include:
- Integrated active Miller clamp, IGBT DESAT detection, and Under Voltage Lock-Out (ULVO).
- Integrated flyback controller for isolated DC-DC converter.
- Rail-to-rail output with high current, improving power efficiency.
- Integrated short circuit protection, fault & UVLO feedback control circuit improving system reliability for driving and protecting IGBT.
- High reinforced insulation voltage of VIORM = 1,230 VPEAK for reliable fail-safe protection in high voltage applications.
- Wide creepage and clearance of 8.3 mm meeting stringent system level safety regulation.
- 30kV/µs min CMR preventing erroneous drive in noisy environment.
- Wide operating temperature from -40°C to +105°C.
For more information on the ACPL-302J, visit www.avagotech.com.