Ironwood Electronics (Eagan, MN) has recently introduced a new QFN socket design using high-performance elastomer capable of 40 GHz, very low inductance, high endurance, and wide temperature applications. The SM-QFN-9019 socket is designed for 13x19 mm package size and operates at bandwidths up to 40 GHz with less than 1dB of insertion loss. Other features include:
• Customizable up to 100 watts with modified fin design on top of the screw and adding axial flow fan.
• Contact resistance of typically 15 milliohms per pin.
• 40 GHz bandwidth on all connections.
• Temperature range of -55°C to +150°C.
• Pin self inductance of 0.10 nH and mutual inductance of 0.007 nH.
For more information on the SM-QFN-9019 socket, visit www.ironwoodelectronics.com.