Megger (Norristown, Pa) now offers a versatile insulation resistance tester (IRT) rated at 15 kV. The MIT1525 measures motors and generators above 34,500 V and equipment rated above 35 kV. Ideal for applications that use cables, transformers, motors/generators, circuit breakers, and bushings, the 15 kV MIT1525 is compact, lightweight, and has rapid-charge capabilities. It tests the insulation resistance of high-voltage power cables and buses, large motor/generator windings as well as substation transformers. Other features include:
- 5% accuracy with a maximum resistance up to 3 TΩ.
- Rating for an altitude of 3,000 meters.
- A CAT IV 1,000 V safety rating.
- 30 TΩ maximum resistance.
- High noise immunity — 6 mA of noise rejection.
- Rapid charge Li-ion battery.
For more information on the MIT1525, visit www.megger.com.