Engineers can now design high-resolution automotive infotainment applications with either traditional STP or lighter, less expensive coax cables using a new family of Gigabit Multimedia Serial Link (GMSL) SerDes chipsets from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (San Jose, CA). Features include:
- The ability to drive 15 meters of coax or STP cabling.
- Spread-spectrum capability built into each serializer and deserializer.
- Reduced cable cost and weight: each SerDes chipset allows the use of coax cables, which reduce cable cost and weight each by up to 50%.
- High-resolution displays: drive 1920x720 pixel displays with 24-bit color, enhancing visuals in both safety and entertainment applications.
- Longer cable lengths: The robust chipsets drive 15 meters of cable, up to 50% longer than competitive solutions.
For more information on the Gigabit Multimedia Serial Link (GMSL) SerDes chipsets, visit www.maximintegrated.com.