TT Electronics’ (Fullerton, CA) Sensing and Control division has expanded its series of sensors for electronic power steering (EPS) applications. The new Magnetorque Plus combines TT Electronics’ proven non-contacting torque sensor with a multi-turn position sensor in a single compact package. The integrated and fully calibrated design is significant in providing engineers with an integrated solution for measuring torque and steering wheel angle. Features include:
- Torque and position sensing functions.
- A minimum lifetime of 1 million shaft rotations without degradation of electrical outputs.
- Dual torque outputs which allow accurate diagnostic calculations and availability of custom output slopes.
- Multi-turn capability which provides the absolute position of the steering wheel at any time.
- Position output which provides absolute multi-turn position information up to ±900⁰ of rotation.
For more information, visit www.ttelectronics.com.