Echelon Corporation (San Jose, CA) introduced the FT 6000 Evaluation and Development Kit (EVK), targeted at developers who are creating, testing and deploying devices and control applications for the Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). The FT 6000 EVK packages the essential elements of Echelon’s IzoT platform for the IIoT into an aggressively priced and easy-to-use kit for IIoT developers looking to create wired devices using the ISO 14908-compatible Free Topology (FT) technology. Echelon’s IzoT platform is an IP-enabled family of chips, stacks, interfaces and management software that enables the development of devices, peer-to-peer device communities and software applications for the IIoT. Features include:
- Two Evaluation Boards (EVBs) with FT 6050 SoCs, a comprehensive set of inputs and outputs (I/O), and simple sensors and actuators for prototyping the IIoT device and device community.
- Five FT 6050 SoCs for developers to build custom device hardware after completing the prototypes on the evaluation boards.
- One IzoT Router to connect between the FT-based device network and an Ethernet network.
- IzoT NodeBuilder software, for developing and testing embedded device software on the EVBs or on the custom device.
- IzoT Commissioning Tool/EVK Edition, for installing and managing the EVB-based or custom devices and device network.
For more information, visit www.echelon.com.