The Optoelectronics Company (San Jose, CA) has announced the launch of the Oclaro HL63163DG: a tiny red laser diode that delivers 100mW single-transverse-mode optical output power at 633nm in the visible wavelength band. The Oclaro HL63163DG presents system designers with a long-awaited and realistic alternative to large, expensive and wasteful He-Ne gas lasers. Features include:
- 100mW optical output in the 633nm wavelength band.
- Low power consumption of 0.4W in a 5.6mm TO industry-standard package with TE mode oscillation.
- Operating current of 170mA (typ.)
- Threshold current of 70mA (typ.).
- Operating voltage of 2.6V (typ.)
- LD reverse voltage of 2V.
- Operating temperature from -10 to +40 degrees Centigrade.
For more information, visit www.oclaro.com.