Tadiran Batteries now offers an expanded line of TLI Series, a new family of long-life rechargeable lithium-ion cells designed specifically for use in harsh environments.
Standard rechargeable lithium-ion cells have inherent drawbacks, including short operating life (maximum 5 years), low maximum cycle life (1,000 cycles), high annual self-discharge (up to 60% per year), and limited temperature range (0°C to 60°C) with no possibility of charging at low and high temperatures. By contrast, TLI Series batteries utilize technology found in Tadiran’s patented hybrid layer capacitor (HLC), which stores the high current pulses required for two-way wireless communications, and has been field-proven in millions of cells to deliver 25+ year service life. TLI Series batteries modify this technology to deliver reliable, long-term performance under extreme environmental conditions. TLI Series batteries feature:
- Wider operating temperature (-40°C to 85°C, with storage up to 90°C)
- Ability to deliver high current pulses (up to 5A for AA cell)
- Low annual self-discharge rate (less than 5%)
- Up to 5 times more life cycles (5,000 full cycles)
- Longer operating life (20 years)
- Charging possible at extreme temperatures (-40°C to 85°C)
- Glass-to-metal seal (others use crimped seals that are prone to leakage)
Now available in AA and AAA diameters and custom battery packs, TLI Series cells can be recharged using DC power or can be used in conjunction with photovoltaic solar systems or other energy harvesting devices to deliver reliable long-term power.
In addition to TLI Series batteries, Tadiran manufactures a complete line of lithium thionyl chloride batteries, including a variety of primary cylindrical batteries, coin-sized cells, battery packs, and Pulses Plus batteries for high current pulse applications. Tadiran products are available in a variety of terminations and assemblies. For more information, contact: