Si-Ware Systems (SWS) announces the SWS1120 and SWS1130 high-performance Application Specific Standard Products (ASSPs) for MEMS gyroscopes and accelerometers.
The SWS1120/30 are designed as ASSPs that are ready for integration with MEMS sensing elements. The ASSPs are full capacitive detection and interfaces for MEMS gyroscopes and accelerometers. The SWS1120/30 are designed to support a wide variety of MEMS gyroscope and accelerometer designs through OTP configuration only. The SWS1120/30’s capacitive front-end has a trimmable gain and offset to accommodate MEMS process variation during fabrication.
Capacitive MEMS gyroscopes and accelerometers with various resonance frequencies and sensitivities are supported. Depending on the exact MEMS design and electrical characteristics, differential capacitance resolution down to 50 zF/?Hz or less is achievable.
Key features of the SWS1120/30 include:
• Ultra low noise capacitive detection front-end with resolution <50zF/?Hz
• Proprietary technology to minimize harmful electrical coupling from sensor actuation signals
• High resolution ADC offering more than 100dB dynamic range in 100Hz BW
• Charge pump for high voltage actuation option (up to 8V)
• Second order scale factor and bias temperature compensation using on chip temperature sensor
• Tunable bandwidth output filter
• On chip clock generation
• Low noise reference voltage
• OTP/MTP for sensor trimming and re-calibration
• Single 5V supply operation with 23mA supply current
• 10Mb/s standard SPI interface in slave mode
The SWS1120/30 offer a high-resolution digital output and are supported by proprietary development software and hardware (evaluation platform) that enables MEMS inertial sensor developers to quickly demonstrate the performance of a MEMS inertial sensor.
The SWS1120/30 are offered in die form for integration in a single package with the MEMS sensing element. QFN packaging options are also available.
Pricing and availability
Samples of the SWS1120/30 and the associated evaluation platforms are available now. Pricing for the SWS1120 starts at $17.79 (USD) in 10,000 unit quantities. Pricing for the SWS1130 starts at $10.47 in 10,000 unit quantities.
Production is planned for Q1 2014.
For more information, please visit www.si-ware.com.