TOREX SEMICONDUCTOR LTD. has developed the XC8107/XC8108 series of power switches with a low 85mΩ ON resistance.
The XC8107/XC8108 series are 85mΩ low ON resistance power switches with an internal Pch MOSFET. These switches are ideal for USB 2.0 and 3.0 applications, as well as power line distribution applications.
The XC8107 series includes an over-current limiting function with a high accuracy of ±10%. The XC8108 series has a variable current limiting function that can be set from 0.9A to 2.4A using an external resistor. The input voltage range is 2.5V to 5.5V and the supply current is 40μA (VIN=5.0V).
Protection circuits such as a current limiting, reverse current prevention, thermal shutdown, under-voltage lockout (UVLO) and soft start contribute to the safe operation of the application. Either of two types, an auto recovery type or a latch type, can be selected for the protection circuits as needed for the application.
A flag function is provided to allow monitoring of the switch state. The flag pin is an Nch open drain output which outputs low level during detection of over-current or over-heating, or while the reverse current prevention function is operating. The operating temperature range is -40°C to +105°C.
A small (1.8 x 2.0 x h0.6mm) USP-6C package or a SOT-25 package (XC8107 only) can be selected as appropriate for the application.
This series is an environment-friendly product that complies with the EU RoHS Directive and is Pb-free.
For more details on the XC8107/XC8108 Series, please click: http://www.torex.co.jp/english/products/load_switch/
【XC8107/XC8108 Series Features】
● Low ON resistance, low drop
● Ideal for USB 2.0, USB 3.0, and power line distribution applications.
● Variable over-current limiting function type, set with an external resistor (XC8108 series)
● Internally fixed over-current limiting type with ±10% accuracy (XC8107 series)
● Diverse protection functions demanded of a power switch are integrated into a single chip
● CE pin on/off function enables power distribution on various power lines
● Sequence control using a flag function