Nordson EFD introduces the PICO xMOD Valve, a new and exciting fully exchangeable and modular concept in non-contact and contact needle dispensing of assembly fluids.
Nordson EFD's PICO xMOD valve system technology uses high-tech, robust, durable piezoelectric actuation technology for continuous operation at speeds of up to 500 cycles/second. The PICO xMOD can produce deposits as small as 2 nanoliters, at high production speeds, with exceptional deposit accuracy and superior process control. The non-contact jet valve makes it possible to apply fluid in hard-to-access areas or onto uneven or delicate substrates for applications in electronics, automotive, life sciences, solar, and a range of other industrial dispensing applications.
All five major xMOD valve components - the Piezo Actuator (PA), the Valve Seat (VS), the Fluid Body (FB), the Cartridge ball/stem assembly (CR), and Heater Set (HS) - are fully interchangeable and easily assembled for each specific application and quickly disassembled for easy cleaning, repair, or maintenance. Each part can be removed and exchanged in seconds, eliminating production down-time and significantly increasing productivity.
Each EFD PICO xMOD component can be individually selected to accommodate particular fluids and applications. All the components are engineered to work together as a complete, integrated system that produces exceptionally fast, accurate deposits of a wide range of fluids.
Industries and Applications for PICO xMOD Dispense Valve include:
Wireless and Display
- UV cure adhesives for bonding (camera modules, keypads, microspeakers, touch pads, and display edge sealing)
- Hydrophobic fluids for protective treatments
- COG (Chip on Glass) and TAB sealing
- UV adhesives on mobile speaker membranes
- Fluxes and conformal coatings
Life Sciences/Medical Devices
- Adhesives for bonding needles to hubs
- Bonding of disposable medical device components
- Oil and grease dispensing on electrical connectors, gears, and other small part assemblies
- Marking and color coding of parts with ink
- UV adhesive to bond automotive electronic components
Nordson EFD's PICO xMOD uses the same precision and high quality parts as all Nordson EFD's PICO valves, maintaining the same high level of dispensing repeatability and precision, while also adding the various benefits of modular exchangeability.
For more information, visit Nordson EFD on the web at www.nordsonefd.com