The TPS62730 reduces current consumption drawn from the battery in transmit and receive modes by achieving 95-percent power conversion efficiency and an on-chip bypass switch with only 30-nA of power. The converter also generates less than 15mVpp typical output voltage ripple, allowing it to support many low-power RF applications, such as those powered by TI’s 2.4-GHz CC2540 and CC430 system-on-chip (SOC) solutions. To order samples and evaluation model, and download SwitcherPro™ design tool and PSpice and TINA-TI™ models of the TPS62730, visit: www.ti.com/tps62730-pr.
DCS-Control technology is an advanced regulation topology that combines the advantages of hysteretic and voltage mode control within a single device, enabling excellent AC line and transient load regulation. The feature provides seamless transition between high-load and light-load (power save) operation. An additional voltage feedback loop also ensures DC accuracy. DCS-Control technology alleviates the need to research external filtering components, thus reducing associated space and cost.
Key features and benefits
• TPS62730 features DCS-Control with excellent AC-line and load transient regulation.
• Excellent low-output voltage ripple (<15mVpp typical) over the entire load range, which makes this part ideal for RF applications.
• Smallest solution size of 12 mm2: 3-MHz frequency and fixed output voltage options require only three external components.
• Input-voltage range of 1.9 V to 3.9 V supports Li-primary battery chemistries such as Li-SOCI2, LiSo2, Li-MnO2 and also two alkaline batteries.
• Ultra-low-power shutdown/bypass-mode current of typical 30-nA supports sleep and low power modes of modern RF transceivers.
• DC/DC operation mode provides regulated output voltage consuming typical 25-uA quiescent current.
Availability and pricing
The TPS62730 is available now from TI and its authorized network of distributors in a small, 6-pin, 1- mm x 1.5-mm x 0.6-mm SON package, priced at $0.85 in quantities of 1,000. Additional devices with fixed voltages include TPS62731, TPS62372, TPS62374 and TPS62735.
Learn more at www.ti.com 
See the full PDF version of the TPS62730–step down converter for low-power RF applications: TPS62730