Texas Instruments introduced two power management development kits, which help designers generate the cleanest possible positive and negative voltage rails to power today’s analog circuits. The new TPS54060 and TPS7A30/49 development kits remove switching noise and increase the performance of data converters, operational amplifiers, clocks and other signal chain devices. For more information and to order, visit: www.ti.com/tps54060evm-pr .
“In today’s medical , test and measurement and industrial control  markets, the need for increased performance becomes more critical as the data converter resolution increases, or as the full-scale range of the signal decreases,” said Greg Waterfall, manager for TI’s linear power product development. “For example, a 16-bit data converter can behave like a 14-bit data converter due to excessive noise generated by a dirty power supply.”
Designers can significantly enhance their system’s power performance by connecting the new TPS54060EVM-590 and TPS7A30-49EVM-567 evaluation modules for a complete low-noise reference design. TI’s new 60-V TPS54060 SWIFT™ switcher in an inverting buck-boost configuration generates a highly accurate, highly balanced positive and negative output voltage up to 18 volts. The switcher’s positive and negative voltage outputs are post-regulated with TI’s TPS7A30 and TPS7A49 low-noise high-PSRR LDOs.
Key benefits of TPS54060EVM-590 and TPS7A30-49EVM-567:
- High performance and low noise: Lowest possible switching noise, high PSRR.
- Flexibility to support high positive and negative voltages.
- Easy to use: Simply connect the two development kits to start evaluation.
- Easy to order: Development kits ship in 24 hours.
Availability and pricing
The TPS54060 and TPS7A30/49 evaluation modules are available through the TI eStore. Suggested resale pricing for the TPS54060EVM-590 is $25 and TPS7A30-49EVM-567 is $20. For more information about TI’s power products and to order the development kits:
- TPS54060 SWIFT voltage regulator  and TPS54060EVM-590 development kit 
- TPS7A30/49 -36V and 36V LDOs  and TPS7A30-49EVM-567 development kit 
- Search TI’s data converter  and amplifier  portfolios
- TI power management experts can answer your questions on the TI E2E™ Community 
For more information, go to www.ti.com .