According to the DisplaySearch Quarterly LED Backlight Report , large-area LED backlight demand for all applications will grow from 114 million units in 2009 to 770 million units in 2015. In addition, LEDs will surpass CCFL/EEFL backlights in large-area TFT LCD panels in 2011.
The recent surge in high brightness LED manufacturing and in LED backlighting shipments make this sector one of the most attractive growth segments within the display industry, noted Yoshio Tamura , Material & Costs Team Leader and Senior Vice President and Senior Analyst at DisplaySearch. With LED panel price premiums increasing due to component shortages and the LED industry rapidly evolving, it becomes even more important to stay up to date on LEDs in order to make strategic business decisions for your business. This LED Forum will feature presentations from DisplaySearchs expert team of analysts, providing an in-depth analysis on critical topics within the LED sector.
LED Backlight Display Panels:
- LED Backlit Large-Area LCD Panel Market Trends, Yoshio Tamura , Senior Vice President/Senior Analyst, DisplaySearch
- "Value Chain Analysis between LED Chips and LCD Panels, Tadashi Uno , Director, Materials and Components Market Research, DisplaySearch
LED Applications Session:
- LED Backlit LCD TV Market Trends, Hisakazu Torii , Vice President, TV Market Research, DisplaySearch
- LED Backlit Monitor and Notebook PC Market Trends, Hiroshi Hayase , Director, IT & FPD Market Research, DisplaySearch
Technology and Cost Session:
- Technology Trends of LED Backlight Units for TVs, Kevin Kwak , Director, LED Backlight Unit Research, DisplaySearch Korea
- Technology Trends of LED Backlight Units for Monitors/Notebook PCs, Kevin Kwak , Director, LED Backlight Unit Research, DisplaySearch Korea
- LED Backlight Cost Analysis, Tadashi Uno , Director, Materials and Components Market Research, DisplaySearch
The LED Forum 2010  will conclude with a Question & Answer session.
Attendees are encouraged to register early, as the event typically sells out. The event will provide attendees with access to two days of content-rich sessions, exhibits and unprecedented networking opportunities. Three-way simultaneous translation will be provided in English, Chinese and Japanese.
For more information on event registration, additional details and agenda updates for the DisplaySearch LED Forum 2010 , please visit http://www.displaysearch-japan.com/seminar/LED2010/index.html 
E-mail: Mitsuhiro.Kato@npd.com