Panopto Inc. announced the release of Panopto 4.2 today, delivering a range of new functionality to its online video platform for enterprise, education, and government customers. Highlights of the release include:
- HDV camcorder support – Panopto now supports plug-and-play video recording and webcasting with HDV camcorders. Along with existing support for webcams, DV and analog camcorders, HDMI capture cards, and VGA devices, Panopto extends its market lead in consumer and professional recording device support.
- Remote Recorder control panel – The new control panel allows administrators to manage their entire recording infrastructure from any web browser – selecting recording devices, specifying video and audio sources, and getting real-time previews from all their devices.
- Instant video publishing – Panopto now uploads video in the background during recording and webcasting, instantly publishing sessions upon completion into the Panopto video content management system (VCMS).
- New playback capabilities – Recordings that consist of multiple video streams can now be viewed in a tiled layout with all streams visible at the same time, side-by-side, on any device.
- Improved search relevance and performance – A new relevance algorithm and improved search indexing make Panopto's video search engine faster and more accurate.
Other enhancements in Panopto 4.2 include the ability to import Camtasia videos into the Panopto video content management system, LMS single sign-on within the Panopto iPhone app, improvements to video playback performance, and updates to Panopto's developer APIs.
"Video has become an indispensable tool for communicating complex ideas, whether in education or in knowledge industries," says Panopto co-founder and Chief Product Officer, Eric Burns. "The enhancements in the latest release of Panopto make it even easier to create and manage video, and to bring those capabilities to the largest possible audience of producers and viewers."
Panopto creates software that enables organizations to record, webcast, and search all of their video content and presentations. Panopto's online video platform has been adopted by Fortune 500 companies and government agencies around the world. It is also the fastest growing lecture capture solution at leading universities. For more information, visit us at http://www.panopto.com.
Media Contact: Ari Bixhorn, email@example.com, 1-855-PANOPTO
SOURCE Panopto Inc.