Ericsson #1 in Global LTE Packet Backhaul Equipment in 2011
The big six market players of Ericsson, Alcatel-Lucent, Nokia Siemens Networks, Huawei, Samsung, and Cisco comprise 93% of the global LTE packet backhaul equipment market. Other participants of note include ZTE, Juniper, NEC, and Tellabs. New In-Stat (ww.in-stat.com) research projects Ericsson to finish 2011 as #1 with over 1/4 billion dollars in global LTE packet backhaul equipment revenue, a little over 25% of the entire market.
“It is important to note that the market is far from static,” says Chris Kissel, Analyst. “Although ZTE failed to make it into the segment's 'Big 6,' it is likely to make a strong push, jumping a couple of spots in the rankings by 2015. Another point of emphasis is that not all regions necessarily match the global totals since each region has its own set of dominant players. Huawei, for example, has almost 50% of the market for global LTE packet backhaul equipment in Eastern Europe.”
Recent research found the following:
- Ericsson is the clear overall LTE equipment market leader
through 2013. However, in 2015, four cellular infrastructure
vendors will realize $1.8 billion or more in revenues from LTE RAN
- In 2015, as Asia Pacific countries deploy LTE in earnest,
Ericsson, Huawei, Nokia Siemens, Alcatel-Lucent, and ZTE will all
have at least 10% of newly deployed LTE macro base station
shipments in 2015.
- From 2011 to2015, LTE RAN revenues will grow at a CAGR of 41%.
- Alcatel-Lucent will clearly dominate the LTE packet backhaul infrastructure space in Central and Latin America in 2012, with Cisco and Ericsson assuming the #2 and #3 positions.
This Market Alert is drawn from the In-Stat research, LTE Infrastructure Rankings, by Vendor, by Mobile Operator or Service Provider, 2009-2015 (#IN1105057GW), which details the LTE RAN infrastructure CAPEX for macro base stations, re-purposed base stations, IP packet backhaul, and evolved packet core categories. It Includes:
- LTE subscriptions and LTE POP by country is presented from 2009-2015.
- CAPEX considers LTE deployments from 2009 through 2015
- 167 primary mobile operators plus 20 additional “rest of” markets are covered.
- LTE RAN spending by mobile operator and by cellular infrastructure vendor is estimated.
- Revenue estimates are made for Ericsson, Huawei, Nokia Siemens, Alcatel-Lucent, ZTE, Samsung, NEC, Cisco, Juniper, and Tellabs.
This research is part of In-Stat's Cellular Infrastructure service, which provides analysis and forecasts of the market for wireless broadband and communication infrastructure equipment and components, including backhaul; macro, micro, pico, and femtocell base stations, distributed antennas systems, and associated semiconductors.
Related In-Stat research:
More Information on this Research
Sign up to receive email Market Alerts on this, and related topic