“TI’s new Sub-1 GHz RF Value Line answers the market’s increasing need for simple, low-cost connectivity for applications that require both long battery life and long range wireless connection,” said Erling Simensen, product marketing manager, Low-Power RF, TI. “Designs based on the Sub-1GHz RF Value Line family not only ease connectivity integration efforts for engineers, but promise wireless connectivity for more of today’s cost-sensitive consumer applications.”
The CC11xLDK-868-915 and CC11xLEMK-433 development kits provide complete hardware performance testing and software development platforms for the new product family. The kits also offer new low-cost reference designs, with a compact PCB antenna for 433, 868, 915 MHz, featuring a reduced component count and complete design ready for FCC and ETSI certification. The small-size, compact PCB helix antenna represents only a quarter of the size of previous PCB antennas, and is useful for applications requiring high antenna efficiency in a compact area.
Sub-1 GHz RF Value Line family: Key features and benefits
• One-way RF link for USD $1 in high volumes (transmitter + receiver bundle)
• Complete design with reduced component count, ready for FCC and ETSI certification
o Low-cost reference design with compact PCB antenna
• Low-power, long battery life time:
o Fast startup-time with 0.24ms from power down to RX or TX
o 0.2 µA sleep current
• Flexible and backwards compatible with existing sub-1 GHz systems:
o Supports multiple modulation formats with 2-FSK, 4-FSK, GFSK and OOK.
o Programmable data rate from 0.6 to 600kbps
o Supports multiple frequency bands: 300-348, 387–464 and 779– 928 MHz
• Easy to switch between one-way and two-way solutions:
o Pin, register and code compatibility
• Long range communication: seamless integration with CC1190 range extender: gives up to + 27dBm output power and -120 dBm sensitivity, and up to +20 dBm output power without frequency hopping (FHSS) under FCC
• Compatible with CC1190 range extender, MSP430™ Value Line microcontroller, and TPS62730 Step Down Converter with Bypass Mode for Ultra Low Power Wireless Applications
Tools, availability, packaging and price The Sub-1Ghz RF Value Line is available today from TI and through authorized TI distributors. The solution is packaged in a ROHS-compliant, 4 mm x 4 mm QFN-32. Pricing starts at $0.75 in 1,000-unit quantities.
The new CC11xLDK-868-915 development kit is available today for USD $299 on TI’s e-store. An additional CC11xLEMK-433 development kit is available for USD $99.
Find out more about TI’s low-power RF and wireless connectivity solutions
• Order development kits and samples: www.ti.com/rfvalueline-pr
• TI’s Wireless Connectivity solutions: www.ti.com/wirelessconnectivity
• TI’s wireless connectivity selection guide: www.ti.com/wirelessconnectivityguide
• TI E2E low-power RF & wireless connectivity community: www.ti.com/lprf-forum