Bringing together established market players and emerging companies, the DisplaySearch Digital Signage Conference, scheduled on August 17 in San Jose, Calif, will connect members of the digital signage supply chain. Presentations will focus on both near and long-term digital signage opportunities in vertical markets, such as retail, healthcare, restaurants, education, entertainment, hospitality and transportation, among others.
Many recent investments have been made in FPD production, including the world’s largest LCD production facility in Sharp’s Gen 10 LCD line, Panasonic’s PDP investment with its new Amagasaki facility, and other major investments from Samsung, LG Displays, CMI. The need for these companies to diversify their portfolio beyond the production of FPDs for PCs and TVs is real, and thus, most are looking to the out-of-home digital signage market.
“While digital signage is most commonly associated with retail applications, strong growth in other segments such as healthcare, schools, restaurants and hospitality is forecasted in the coming years,” noted Chris Connery, Vice President of Large Format Commercial Displays for DisplaySearch. “This year’s Digital Signage Conference will provide an opportunity for executives from display, retail, advertising, software and other key players to learn from the past and gain an understanding of the present and future outlook of the digital signage sector.”
Presentations will cover the following topics:
- Challenges and opportunities with mass deployments of digital displays in OOH (out-of-home) as well as outdoor environments
- Comparisons of more mature FPD technologies such as LCD and plasma against other display technologies such as rear-projection variants
- How super-narrow bezel LCDs and plasma products for video walls stack up against LED and other technologies, with special emphasis on “one big display vs. tiled-displays”
- The state-of-the-industry in terms of R&D efforts for new flat-panel digital signage solutions from touch to 3D to e-paper
- The continued emerging role of distribution in digital signage and ways major players there can bring order to a fragmented space previously characterized by multiple AV integrators
- Round table discussions from industry leaders in regards to which sub-vertical markets are currently experiencing the most traction
- Is CAPEX still the leading barrier for the mass-transition from analog poster boards to digital OOH displays?
The Digital Signage Conference will take place on August 17—bringing together the entire digital signage supply chain, ranging from flat-panel display vendors and the world’s largest IT companies along-side companies already well-established in out-of-home environments and emerging markets. Applications to be examined include: mass transit, mixed-use information and advertising signage; electronic menu boards; higher education installations; point-of-sale and dynamic signage for retail; corporate mass-communication networks; out-of-home advertising/information/security messaging; and emerging solutions for the outdoor portion of the out-of-home market.
To view the latest agenda and register for the conference, visit www.displaysearch.com/digitalsignage2010
The Digital Signage Conference is part of the DisplaySearch August Conference Series, taking place August 17-19 in San Jose, California. The series also includes the following one-day conferences covering the display industry’s hottest market segments:
- TV Ecosystem Conference, Wednesday, August 18, 2010
- Emerging Display Technologies Conference: Thursday, August 19, 2010
Register Today for two or three of our one-day conferences and receive a 20% discount on your registration fee.
For more information about these conferences and sponsorship opportunities, please contact Laura Castellano at 1.408.226.1101 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Media interested in attending the conferences should contact Stacey Voorhees-Harmon at 1.925.336.9592 or email@example.com.