Murata Manufacturing Co., Ltd. has begun mass production and shipment of the worlds smallest Bluetooth® modules in its LBMA Series. With dimensions of 3.5x3.5mm, these modules are 30% smaller than past products.
Additionally, in the ten years since initiating the mass production of the LBMA series in March of 2000, Murata has produced in excess of 500 million units, the highest cumulative production volume of Bluetooth® modules in the world.
With the ever increasing functionality of mobile phones, there is a demand for smaller, increasingly high performance, and increasingly high quality mobile phone components, devices, and modules. Additionally, the dramatic spread of the Internet has spurred a demand for mobile Internet devices with functions similar to those of mobile phones.
In March of 2000, Murata initiated the first successful mass production of Bluetooth® modules aimed at the European mobile phone market, but this time, in an effort to respond to the markets demand for smaller products, we have made use of our companys original ceramic substrate, high frequency design/evaluation technologies, and miniaturization technologies to begin the mass production of the worlds smallest Bluetooth® modules. With dimensions of 3.5x3.5mm, these modules represent an approximately 30% reduction in size over our most recent Bluetooth® module product.
Furthermore, in the ten-year period from the initiation of LBMA Series mass production in March 2000 to the present time of March 2010, Murata has produced 500 million units, the worlds highest cumulative production volume of Bluetooth® modules, with this new 3.5x3.5mm product representing an over 90% reduction in size over the original 14x10mm model.
With an approximately 90% share of the worldwide mobile phone Bluetooth® module market, Murata leads the world in the production of Bluetooth® modules. Through our continued development of small, high performance wireless modules, we will work to contribute to the increased functionality of devices.
- Worlds smallest size (3.5x3.5x1.0mm) (an approximately 30% reduction in size over past products)
- Achieves high performance and high quality (high reliability) through advanced high frequency design technology
- Achieves excellent electromagnetic wave resistant characteristic through Muratas original packaging technology
- Does not use substances controlled by the RoHS directive
- mobile phone
- portable music player
- PMP (Portable Media Player)
- PND (Portable Navigation Device)
- digital photo frame
- MID (Mobile Internet Device)
- LBMA Series (Bluetooth® Module)
- LBED Series (Bluetooth®FM Combo Module)
- LBEE Series (Bluetooth®Wi-Fi® Combo Module)
- LBEH Series (Bluetooth®Wi-Fi®+FM Combo Module)
- LBEF Series (Bluetooth®GPS+FM Combo Module)
- LBEH Series (Bluetooth®GPS+FM Combo Module)
|Output Power||0dBm (Class2)|
20 million units per month in March 2010
- Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
- Wi-Fi is a registered trademark of the Wi-Fi Alliance