TAIPEI, TAIWAN, March 18, 2010DisplaySearch, the worldwide leader in display market research and consulting, today announced the agenda for its upcoming DisplaySearch Taiwan FPD Conference. Building upon its successful track record of hosting flat panel display conferences worldwide, the DisplaySearch Taiwan FPD Conference will provide opportunities for leading flat panel display manufacturers, display component suppliers, TV manufacturers, new display technology developers, and industry and financial analysts from around the world to understand the latest challenges, opportunities and trends in TFT LCDs, e-books, mobile displays, LED backlights, and more. As Taiwans top display conference, this years event will be held at the Taipei International Convention Center on April 8-9, 2010.
Conference attendees will also hear perspectives on the FPD market outlook from all aspects of the supply chain, including FPD product innovation, new technologies and materials, market opportunities, as well as detailed analysis from DisplaySearchs world-class analysts.
The FPD industry has emerged from the terrible tsunami of 2009 and is now basking in the sunshine of 2010. With new technologies like 3D and LED, new opportunities like LCD fabs moving to China and OEMs for TVs, and the fast growing LCD TV and e-book markets, 2010 represents a whole new chapter for the FPD industry. These topics are also the key points for the DisplaySearch Taiwan FPD Conference, noted David Hsieh, DisplaySearch Vice President.
Co-sponsored by the Taiwan External Trade Development Council (TAITRA), the two-day event will consist of seven sessions with presentations from 20 industry executives representing supply side, demand side and most of the display supply chain:
Session 1: Keynote SessionCreate the New FPD Chapter
- Frank Ko, General Manager of TV Display Business Unit, AU Optronics
- Alan T. Eusden, Chairman and President, Corning Display Technologies Taiwan
- David Hsieh, Vice President, Greater China Market, DisplaySearch
- Daniel Lee, Director, Marketing Intelligence, LG Display
Session 2: TFT LCD Strategy Analysis & Financial Outlook
- David Li, Vice President, BOE Technology
- Brian Chen, Research Director, TFT LCD & Materials, DisplaySearch
Session 3: MobileDisplay & New Display Technologies
- Shawn Lee, Analyst, DisplaySearch
- Eric Braddom, Director of Global Marketing,Freescale Semiconductor
- Jim Cathy, Vice President of Business Development, Qualcomm
- Calvin Hsieh, Research Director, DisplaySearch
Session 4: FPD TV Market Outlook
- Deborah Yang, Research Director, Monitor & TV, DisplaySearch
- Speaker to be confirmed, Rambus
- Bing Zhang, Research Director, DisplaySearch
- Paul Semenza, Senior Vice President, DisplaySearch
Session 5: LED Backlight
- Kevin Kwak, Research Director, DisplaySearch
- Kerry Glover, Applications Manager, TAOS
- Jack Chen, Technical Manager, 3M Taiwan Inc.
Session 6: E-Paper, E-Book and TFT LCD Roadmap
- Shawn Lee, Analyst, DisplaySearch
- Ray Zhang, Chairman Assistant & Strategic Planning Manager, Hanwang
- Michael Lee, Sales & Marketing Division II, Information Solutions, Qisda
On April 8, DisplaySearch will also host a reception. All speakers and attendees will have an opportunity to network and mingle with peers and colleagues during cocktail hour, as well as the chance to win one of two 42 LCD TVs.
The 2010 Taiwan FPD Conference has already attracted many sponsors:
- PlatinumChilin, Freescale, 3M, Rambus
- GoldCorning, Entire, TAOS
- Taiwan FPD Night Special Event SponsorsTatung
Attendees are encouraged to register early, as the event typically sells out. Register by March 30 to receive the early bird registration rate of US$550 or NT$16,200providing attendees with access to two days of content-rich sessions, exhibits and unprecedented networking opportunities. Three-way simultaneous translation will be provided in English, Chinese and Japanese.
For more information or to register for the 2010 DisplaySearch Taiwan FPD Conference, please contact Cherry Huang via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone at 011.886.2.6601.0045 or visit http://www.displaysearch.com.tw/ for registration information, additional details and agenda updates.
DisplaySearch will host eleven events in 2010. For details on all DisplaySearch events, visit www.displaysearch.com/events
886.2.6601.0045, FAX: 886.2.6601.0034