HD Models Taking Over PVR Market
The personal video recorder (PVR) market is continuing to grow, fueled by high-definition models (HD), reports In-Stat http://www.in-stat.com.
Demand for HD units has increased dramatically recently. Over the past 18 months, HD PVR product unit shipments have not only surpassed SD PVR product unit shipments, they now account for nearly ¾ of all PVR product shipments.
Recent research by In-Stat found the following:
- Global PVR unit shipments exceeded 25 million in 2008.
- Multi-room or “whole home” PVR service has become
available in an increasing number of cities in the US over the last
- On a regional basis, growth of PVR products is much stronger in
Asia Pacific and Europe, compared to the more mature North American
- Over ¼ of US survey respondents were extremely or very interested in multi-room PVR capability.
This Market Alert is drawn from the In-Stat research, The PVR Product Market: Demand Remains Strong (#IN0904071ME), which covers the worldwide market for personal video recorders. It includes:
- Unit shipment forecasts by type and region through 2013.
- Worldwide revenue forecast and worldwide and US installed base forecasts through 2013.
- Analysis of market trends.
- A look at service providers and product manufacturers.
The price is $2,995 (US).
This research is part of In-Stat's Multimedia Entertainment Equipment service. Multimedia-enabled consumer electronics devices are at the center of today's digital entertainment experience. In-Stat's Multimedia Entertainment Equipment (MMEE) research service identifies, examines, and forecasts several of these rapidly evolving consumer electronics devices on a worldwide scale. The MMEE service also uses primary research to better understand consumer perspectives on these products, to include purchasing intentions and product usage trends. The MMEE service examines key product manufacturers, discusses competitive business models, and provides the market shares of leading product manufacturers. A detailed examination of product technologies and features is also provided in most reports, including a Bill of Materials forecast with an emphasis on semiconductor content.
Related In-Stat research:
More Information on this Research
Sign up to receive email Market Alerts on this, and related topic