MENDHAM, New Jersey -- September 29, 2009 -- The Power Sources Manufacturers Association (PSMA) announced today it will award up to 20 students with a $1000 grant to cover part of their travel and conference expenses to attend APEC 2010 in Palm Springs, CA, February 21-26. The PSMA Student Attendance Grant program began with the APEC Conference in 2006 and has been successful in introducing new and potentially future power electronic professionals to APEC and to the industry. The program was expanded for APEC 2008 and, in spite of the difficult financial climate the past year, the program will continue for APEC 2010.
The criteria for the awards are:
- The applicant must be an undergraduate or graduate student currently enrolled in a power electronics program at an accredited institution.
- Applications must be made and received by the Committee by October 23, 2009.
- Awards granted to students from the same institution will be limited. However, the award may be shared among students at a given school who applied for the Grant.
- The recipients must attend APEC 2010 and submit expense receipts for items such as conference registration, as well as travel and hotel expenditures.
- Application forms are available on the PSMA website - www.psma.com
Recipients will be notified by the Committee no later than November 9, 2009. In addition to the Student Grant award, each of the students will be invited to participate in PSMA activities during the Conference and will be introduced to industry attendees.
Doug McIlvoy, Co-chair of the PSMA Industry Education Committee, stated, "PSMA is proud to be able to provide and expand this program for the continuing education of young power electronics students. The industry needs to encourage students to consider a career in power electronics and demonstrate that there are many opportunities for rewarding and challenging employment in the industry."
For more information about the APEC Student Grants, please contact the Association Office (firstname.lastname@example.org).