Engineering Update #11: Navy launches drone from aircraft carrier
This episode of ECN's Engineering Update is brought to you by Mouser Electronics, the electronic components distributor with the widest selection of the newest products. In this week's headlines:
· For the first time ever, the Navy has launched a drone the size of a fighter jet from the USS George H.W. Bush warship.
· Scientists at Germany's Max Planck Institute have created polymer-based flexible circuits, able to withstand high temperatures. These flexible paper circuits are so efficient, low cost, and versatile that they promise to open doors into new possible electronic applications.
· The SeeSV-S205 is a portable, lightweight sound camera that can locate the direction of sound, a particular tool that may come in handy for a variety of uses.
· Researchers at the University of Utah have discovered multiple uses for an ordinary microwave in their lab. They figured out a method for creating solar cell material with just a few basic ingredients.
· A highly specialized drone in Norway is surveying the land in search of oil, helping geologists to build a more precise 3D model of what's happening below the earth's surface.
Want to read the full transcript? Check it out, here