Engineering Update #9: The gossiping Pinoccio and the power line inspecting Skysweeper
This episode of ECN's Engineering Update is brought to you by Mouser Electronics, the electronic components distributor with the widest selection of the newest products. In this week's headlines:
· The Doodle3D is a pen that takes ordinary 2D sketches to a whole new level.
· A digital movie player called the Bioscope is striving to inspire users to alter their own movie-watching moments in a nostalgic way.
· A new device named Pinoccio is a socially-adept networking tool designed with the Internet of Things in mind. The microcontroller allows engineers to connect their own handmade devices to the internet as well as other devices in the home.
· Chemists at Ohio State have created a substance known as germanane, which could give graphene a run for its money in the advancement of semiconducting materials.
· A new robot called the SkySweeper could help to make power line repairs more safe and affordable.
View the FULL TRANSCRIPT, here.