Engineering Update #5: Robotic cockroaches, lightsabers, a 3D wearable mouse, and Google Glass
In this episode of Engineering Update, brought to you by Mouser Electronics (www.mouser.com):
• Researchers at the University of Michigan are studying cockroaches in order to advance robotic technology.
• A 3D wearable, wireless, thumb-activated, space recognition, Bluetooth 4.0 low-energy protocol mouse called Mycestro.
• Google Glass presents the latest in wearable computing technology with internet-connected glasses.
• Physicists at MIT and the U.S. Department of Energy are measuring fleeting electron waves in search of clues behind the mysterious mechanism of high-temperature superconductivity.
• An international team of scientists finds that graphene is incredibly efficient at converting light into electricity.