Engineering Newswire 5: The world's fastest electric motorcycle
In this episode of Engineering Newswire, brought to you by PD&D TV:
• A group of dedicated engineering students from San Jose State University is attempting to build a self-balancing electric motorcycle.
• German researchers think they may have found a better way to protect astronauts, and future Mars colonists, from cosmic radiation.
• Motoczysz has set out to build the world's fastest motorcycle, but they have made other landmarks along the way.
• DARPA has released video of its new and improved quadruped Legged Squad Support System, or LS3, which is also known as Big Dog.
• A team of Stanford engineers has demonstrated the feasibility of a super-small, implantable cardiac device that isn't powered by batteries, but radio waves.
Do you have story ideas? Comment below or email firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll cover them in an upcoming episode.
For more episodes visit http://bit.ly/PeF02C.