Ethernet switch requires no additional chassis slot
ASHBURN, VA – June 7, 2012 – Curtiss-Wright Controls Defense Solutions has announced that it is currently shipping the XMC-651, the embedded military market’s first managed XMC Ethernet Switch. The XMC-651, a 12-port Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) switch, is the latest in CWCDS’s broad line of high-performance rugged network switch and routing products. The XMC-651 can be mounted on virtually any VPX or VME module supporting the XMC mezzanine standard and uniquely enables designers of rugged embedded systems to integrate high-speed Ethernet switching functionality on space, weight and power (SWaP) optimized systems, as the 651 mezzanine module requires no additional chassis slot to deploy. The module is also available in a PMC mezzanine configuration (PMC-651) that provides up to 8 ports of managed GbE switching.
The XMC-651 supports full line-rate non-blocked Ethernet switching and the in-field management of a broad range of networking features including VLANs, multicast, and Quality of Service. Designed for use in rugged military environments, the module is available in both air-cooled and conduction-cooled variants and consumes under 7.5 watts with all 12 ports active.
The XMC-651 implements Ethernet switching functions via Broadcom 10th generation switching technology. Eight of the module’s ports support 10/100/1000Base-T with auto-negotiation. An additional 4 ports support SerDes (1000Base-BX) Gigabit Ethernet, offering flexibility in connecting in-chassis devices. The XMC-651 implements Layer-2 Ethernet switching with full wire-speed performance on all ports and features an 8K entry MAC address table, with automatic learning, advanced flow-control and head of line blocking prevention.
XMC-651 Performance Features:
• 12-port Gigabit Ethernet switch
• 8-ports auto-negotiating 10/100/1000Base-T
• 4 ports SerDes (1000Base-BX) interface
• Non-blocking, full line-speed Ethernet switching
• Fully IEEE 802.3 compliant
• Supports jumbo packets
• Configurable Layer-2 features include VLAN, L2 multicast, QoS services
• Supports port mirroring and link aggregation
• Flexible I/O on Pn4 and Pn6
• No software required, only power and I/O from basecard
• Range of air and conduction-cooled ruggedization level packages