Global SpeedWay Design Workshops to Focus on the Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA LX9 MicroBoard
Avnet Electronics Marketing, an operating group of Avnet, announced the launch of a global series of SpeedWay Design Workshops featuring the recently released, low-cost Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA LX9 MicroBoard. The first leg of this global technical tour kicks off in July and continues on to more than 20 cities across the Americas, and then on to Japan and Europe, the Middle East, and Africa (EMEA). Class size is limited and registration for classes in the Americas is open now.
Combining instructor-led courses with hands-on workshops, these full- or half-day technical sessions feature a range of topics designed to teach engineers everything from the basics of FPGA design to best practices for integrating Xilinx’s MicroBlaze soft processor core. Taught by Avnet’s technical specialists, these courses are geared towards engineers at all levels including: designers who are new to FPGAs; those looking to enhance or update their capabilities with Xilinx’s suite of development tools; and those looking to implement embedded processing designs using Xilinx’s Software Development Kit (SDK) environment or the AMBA 4 Advanced Extensible Interface (AXI4).
These global SpeedWay Design Workshops, focused on the Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA LX9 MicroBoard, feature the following courses, depending on location:
- Introduction to Xilinx FPGA Design: This one-day course teaches design engineers the basics of FPGA architectures, development tools and design techniques. Designers will leave knowing the steps required to implement successful FPGA designs in a wide range of applications.
- Introduction to MicroBlaze Processor Software Development Using the Xilinx SDK: This one-day course explores the process of developing software for the MicroBlaze processor within the Xilinx Software Development Kit. This class covers the step-by-step process of running software developed for the MicroBlaze processor using the Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA LX9 MicroBoard.
- Introduction to MicroBlaze Processor Software Development Using the Xilinx Embedded Development Kit (EDK): This one-day course details the hardware and software development flows for creating a complete MicroBlaze processor embedded design using the Xilinx Spartan-6 LX9 MicroBoard and the Xilinx EDK. In this course, attendees will use the AXI4 interface standard and its ecosystem for adopting their intellectual property.
- On-Chip FPGA Debugging Using ChipScope™ Pro: This half-day course highlights the powerful on-chip debugging capability of the ChipScope Pro tool. Incorporating presentations and hands-on labs, this course covers how to insert cores in both PlanAhead™ and Project Navigator using the Analyzer Tool.
- Designing with the Spartan-6 FPGA Memory Controller Block (MCB): This half-day course provides an architectural overview of the Xilinx Spartan-6 MCB, focusing specifically on the MCB user interface.
For the available courses and dates being conducted in your area, visit the event page.
“The Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA LX9 MicroBoard delivers an optimal balance of low power, risk, and cost to engineers designing for a wide range of applications,” said Kevin Greteman, senior manager of Worldwide Distribution Marketing at Xilinx, Inc. “We’ve teamed up with Avnet’s global technical team to create a comprehensive course schedule that teaches engineers the best ways to easily capitalize on the powerful capabilities of the Spartan-6 LX9 FPGA.”
“These technical sessions are designed to make the most of an engineer’s time, helping them advance their design capabilities and knowledge on the Spartan-6 FPGA family and the Xilinx ISE and EDK tool suites,” said Jim Beneke, vice president, global technical marketing, Avnet Electronics Marketing. “The Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA LX9 MicroBoard is an ideal platform for learning basic FPGA design techniques, yet flexible enough for MicroBlaze embedded processing applications. Engineers the world over will appreciate the true value of the technical skills they gain from attending these hands-on courses.”
Free to Attend
These seminars are free to attend. Attendees will receive special offers on the Xilinx Spartan-6 FPGA LX9 MicroBoard and Xilinx’s EDK software.
Follow us on Twitter @ http://twitter.com/AvnetDesignWire
Contribute to our technical forums @ http://community.em.avnet.com
View product and company videos @ http://www.avnetondemand.com/components/channel/7
Buy our components @ www.avnetexpress.com
Watch a demonstration of the Spartan-6 LX9 MicroBoard from this year’s Embedded Systems Conference in San Jose, Calif.
Watch a video about these training sessions.