Texas Instruments unveiled the industry’s first contactless charging evaluation kit with Fulton Innovation. The bqTESLA Contactless Charging Evaluation Kit is a high-performance, easy-to-use development kit based on Fulton Innovation’s eCoupled intelligent wireless power technology for the design of low-power contactless charging solutions.
Consisting of a single-channel transmitter, a direct-charge receiver and associated magnetics, the kit enables designers to speed development of contactless charging capability for their end applications, such as smartphones, MP3 players, netbooks and global positioning system (GPS) units.
With no additional software development required, the bqTESLA kit allows true “plug-and-play” design functionality. A reference guide gives designers recommendations for coil solutions to allow for receiver customization. The bqTESLA evaluation kit also allows designers to develop systems that are compatible with the future Qi standard being developed by the Wireless Power Consortium.
Key components of the bqTESLA Contactless Charging Evaluation Kit:
· Transmitter evaluation module
· Receiver evaluation module
· Transmitter coil, shielding and magnet
· Receiver coil, shielding and magnet
· Technical documentation
Availability and pricing
Designers can order the complete kit or the individual transmitter and receiver evaluation modules. The kit is priced at $250 and is scheduled to be available by the end of 1Q10.
Find out more about TI’s battery charging portfolio and other power management products by visiting the links below:
· For information about the bqTESLA Contactless Charging Evaluation Kit: http://www.ti.com/contactlesspower-pr
· Download TI’s Power Management Guide: www.ti.com/powerguide-pr
· See TI's complete power management portfolio: www.ti.com/power-pr
For more information, go to www.ti.com.