Gyroscope offers ±4000 dps full scale range
InvenSense (San Jose, CA) announced the world's widest full scale range (FSR) 3-axis MEMS gyroscope for high impact wearable applications. The ITG-3701 also offers the smallest size, lowest profile and lowest power, ideal for wearable applications in sports and concussion analysis. Today's wearable sports applications require higher than the common ±2000 dps (degrees per second) FSR so that critical data is not lost at the point of impact. Other features include:
• ±4000 dps range, enabling precise analysis of a golf or tennis racquet swing, soccer ball and basketball applications providing continuous data before, during and after impact.
• Power consumption of only 5.9mW (3.3mA at 1.8V), extending battery life and an industry first 0.75mm height.
• A 3x3x0.75mm plastic 16-pin QFN package.
• Rate noise performance of 0.02 dps/√Hz.
• Flexible operating range of 1.71V to 3.6V.
For more information on the ITG-3701, visit www.invensense.com.