Two-watt DC-DC converter suits "high/low" side IGBT drive applications
Murata (Mansfield, MA) announced the MGJ2 series of 2-Watt high-isolation dual-output DC/DC converters from Murata Power Solutions. These compact encapsulated devices are suitable for powering "high side" and "low side" gate drives in bridge circuits using insulated-gate bipolar transistors (IGBTs) and MOSFETs. Offering basic and supplementary insulation, with an isolation test voltage of 5.2 kVDC and conforming to the internationally recognized safety standard UL60950 (pending), the MGJ2 series can provide a key element of the end-product's safety insulation system. Other features include:
- An industry-standard SIP format.
- A 1.96 cm squared footprint.
- Power density of 0.81 Watts per cm cubed.
- 12 models offering nominal input voltages of 5, 12, 15 or 24 VDC.
- There are three output voltage combinations available for each input voltage: +15/-5 VDC, +15/-8.7 VDC or +20/-5 VDC.