Thermal controller designed to operate with thermoelectric modules
Oven Industries’ (Mechanicsburg, PA) Model 5R7-350/347 is an economical thermal controller especially designed to operate with thermoelectric (Peltier effect) modules. Most of these modules may be operated in either a cooling mode or a heating mode depending on current direction. The 5R7-350/347 thermal controller may be field-configured for either of these operating modes. Either a fixed or adjustable proportional bandwidth and integral rate permits optimizing individual thermal systems. Additional external heat sinking will permit operating load currents in excess of 10 amperes. Other features include:
• Open board construction or encapsulated on a mounting plate.
• Ratings for up to 7.5 amps at 9 TO 26 volts DC with a 25°C mounting plate temperature.
• Operation down to 9 volts DC.
• Single-mode operation for either heating or cooling.
• Adjustable or fixed proportional bandwidth of 0.5°C to 5°C.
• Adjustable or fixed integral rate of 0 to 2.55 repeats per minute.
• Pulse width modulated output with a base frequency of 1000 Hz.
For more information on the 5R7-350/347 controller, visit www.ovenindustries.com.