Handheld TDR locates faults on mixed paired metallic cables
Megger (Norristown, PA) now offers a handheld time domain reflectometer (TDR) that locates faults on mixed paired metallic cables. The CFL535G can test the capabilities of connections and locate faults for up to 12 miles (20 km). This high resolution, compact TDR features dual channel capability and dual aspect display. Megger’s CFL535G allows technicians to compare cable pairs to each other and determine if one is faulty, based on differences shown on the TDR. Features include:
- An ultra-fast 2 ns pulse width that nearly eliminates dead zones and provides a real time trace for tested cables.
- Five output impedances: 25 Ohm, 50 Ohm, 75 Ohm, 100 Ohm and 120 Ohm.
- A velocity factor between 0.2 and 0.99 in steps of 0.01.
- A long-life (12 hour real world usage), rechargeable Li-Ion battery.
- An operating temperature of -15°C to +50°C.
For more information on the CFL535G, visit www.megger.com.