1.8V oscillators intended for low-cost EMI reduction
Saelig Company, Inc. (Fairport, NY has introduced another oscillator to the Euroquartz range of Spread Spectrum low-EMI oscillators that uses spread spectrum (dithered) techniques to reduce electromagnetic interference by up to 15dB. The new 18HM series oscillators have a supply voltage of 1.8V and available in three standard surface mount package sizes: 3.2 x 2.5mm, 5 x 3.2mm and 7 x 5mm. The oscillators are drop-in replacements for standard clocks. Features include:
- A choice of modulation rates and spread type.
- Frequency range from 12.5 to 42.0MHz.
- CMOS output logic and DC input voltage of 1.8V ±0.15V.
- Frequency stability options of ±25ppm, ±50ppm and ±100ppm for commercial (0 to +70°C) and industrial (-40 to +85°C) devices.
- Rrise/fall times of 2.5ns maximum.
- 15pF load and start-up time 2ms typical.
- Duty cycle of 50% ±10%, standard and cycle to cycle jitter of ±100ps maximum along with ageing of ±5ppm/year maximum at 25°C.
For more information on the Spread Spectrum low-EMI oscillators, visit www.saelig.com.