Sensor designed for transportation electronic power steering
TT Electronics’ (Fullerton, CA) Sensing and Control division has expanded its series of sensors for electronic power steering (EPS) applications. The new Magnetorque Plus combines TT Electronics’ proven non-contacting torque sensor with a multi-turn position sensor in a single compact package. The integrated and fully calibrated design is significant in providing engineers with an integrated solution for measuring torque and steering wheel angle. Features include:
- Torque and position sensing functions.
- A minimum lifetime of 1 million shaft rotations without degradation of electrical outputs.
- Dual torque outputs which allow accurate diagnostic calculations and availability of custom output slopes.
- Multi-turn capability which provides the absolute position of the steering wheel at any time.
- Position output which provides absolute multi-turn position information up to ±900⁰ of rotation.
For more information, visit www.ttelectronics.com.