Control IC reduces part count for high-performance dimming applications
International Rectifier (El Segundo, CA) introduced the IRS2983 control IC for single-stage Flyback and Buck-Boost topologies used in LED drivers and power supplies. The IRS2983 employs primary side regulation that reduces component count and simplifies design by eliminating the opto-isolator and other components necessary for isolated feedback for fixed loads. The device also features a rapid startup circuit that drastically reduces the turn on time of the system. Features include:
- High power factor and low THD.
- Hiccup mode over-voltage protection.
- Cycle-by-cycle over-current protection.
- Open and short circuit protection.
- TRIAC dimming.
- Critical-conduction mode operation.
For more information, visit www.irf.com.