High-power laser diode driver includes output current from 10 amperes to 450 amperes
IXYS Corporation announced the introduction of the PCX-7500 high-power laser diode driver/current source by its IXYS Colorado division. This instrument provides precision pulsed current with accurate microprocessor-based digital power control.
The PCX-7500 is an air-cooled, benchtop current source designed to drive laser diodes, bars and arrays at up to 450 amperes of current and 110 volts maximum forward voltage. Pulse widths are adjustable from 4 microseconds to 5 000 microseconds, with a frequency up to 10 000 hertz. The PCX-7500 is ideal for research, laboratory, scientific and industrial applications.
Utilizing one of several communication choices standard with the PCX-7500, users can easily develop automated testing and characterization configurations which can be stored in the instrument’s on-board memory. It may also be operated through its intuitive front panel controls. The color LCD provides immediate visual confirmation of all operating parameters.
• Output current from 10 amperes to 450 amperes
• Rise and fall times less than 15 microseconds
• Pulse widths from 4 microseconds to 5 000 microseconds
• Ability to drive both single diodes and arrays (forward voltages up to 110 volts depending on model)
• Diode and driver safety features, including overcurrent limit, open-load detection and diode steering (prevents reverse current)
• Simplified operation with intuitive touch screen interface
• Ethernet, USB and RS232 computer interfaces standard
• CE and RoHS compliant