TVS diode array provides ESD protection for sensitive chipsets
Littelfuse announced it has developed a new SP3012-06UTG Low Capacitance ESD Protection TVS Diode Array (SPADevices). The new product is optimized for protecting sensitive chipsets on high-speed data lines from any external ESD (electrostatic discharge) event. Typical applications include USB 3.0 and HDMI port protection on LCD/PDP TVs, DVD/Blu-ray players, desktop PCs, MP3/PMPs, set top boxes, smartphones, ultrabooks/notebooks and digital cameras.
The SP3012-06UTG offers these key features and benefits:
· Safely absorbs repetitive ESD strikes above the maximum level specified in the IEC61000-4-2 international standard (Level 4) without performance degradation; reduces designer’s dependency on accurate trace impedance simulators
· Ultra low capacitance (0.5pF)
· Market-leading dynamic resistance of 0.4Ω provides clamping voltage two to three times lower than competitive devices
· ESD, IEC61000-4-2, ±12kV contact discharge, ±25kV air discharge rating
· Small form factor µDFN-14 package (3.5 x 1.35 x 0.5mm); allows PCB traces to run directly underneath the device, minimizing trace discontinuities
· Minimizes signal degradation to preserve system performance while providing robust ESD protection
· Ensures chipset reliability through reduced clamping voltage
· Allows manufacturers to provide ESD protection above IEC standard requirements
· Reduces PCB footprint by more than 50 percent when compared to other fully integrated, 6-channel protection devices
SP3012-06UTG Low Capacitance ESD Protection TVS Diode Arrays are available in quantities of 3,000 in standard tape and reel packaging. Samples are available now for bulk orders; sample requests can be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit littelfuse.com.