Single-chip system serves IP-based wireline and wireless applications
Semtech Corporation announced the general availability of the ACS9522T, the latest addition to the ToPSync platform that integrates a revolutionary new synchronization system on a chip (SoC).
The ACS9522T breaks new ground in the industry by providing a complete single-chip hardware and software synchronization solution for IP-based wireline and wireless applications, with a special emphasis on the requirements of the emerging 4G LTE and small cell market.
The ACS9522T integrates a CPU, memory and six phase-lock loops (PLLs) needed to support IEEE 1588 packet-based synchronization as well as frequency synchronization via synchronous Ethernet or SONET/SDH. This closely coupled architecture delivers the industry’s best time alignment performance by offering advanced features such as synchronous Ethernet / IEEE 1588 hybrid mode operation and network asymmetry correction.
It also supports different system synchronization architectures without loss of flexibility. The revolutionary new multi-PLL architecture allows seamless integration of multiple local and network timing sources for enhanced system availability.
The device features a brand new GUI for rapid system configuration and prototyping, enabling an almost push-button process to convert the configuration into production system software. This is designed to significantly reduce costly reconfiguration and testing cycles and speed up time to market.
Key features of the ACS9522T ToPSync solution:
· Complete single-chip sync solution – packet and physical layer timing
· Full support for IEEE1588-2008 master, slave and boundary clock operation
· Industry-leading IEEE1588 performance through the use of Semtech’s patented clock recovery techniques – better than 300 ns phase alignment with ITU-T G.8261 10-switch test network
· Synchronous Ethernet / IEEE1588 hybrid mode to improve performance to sub-100 ns
· Dual physical-layer PLLs and dual packet-timing PLLs to support multiple clock sources
· Dual Packet Timing PLLs for multiple PTP flows
· Dual internal timebases with very flexible frequency and phase build-out features
· Fully compliant with ITU-T G.8265 “telecom profile”
Pricing and availability
The ACS9522T product (order code: ACS9522IFALBGT) is available immediately in production quantities and is priced at $35.00 each in 10,000-piece lots. Semtech offers comprehensive design assistance, including field- and factory-based support. Data sheets, volume pricing, and delivery quotes, as well as evaluation kits and samples, are available at www.semtech.com/info.