Wi-Fi modules enable streamlined data accessibility
Radicom Research announced the release of their RW8200 Embedded Serial to Wi-Fi Modules. It integrates a M3 Cortex host processor, Broadcom’s BCM44362 Wireless Internet Connectivity for Embedded Devices (WICED) and an embedded processor.
Featuring self-contained Wi-Fi subsystem and streamlined data accessibility, the RW8200 allows OEM’s to incorporate wireless connectivity into a broad range of products that previously did not feature networking capability.
The RW8200 has an UART interface with SPI interface support. It enables the addition of secure, interoperable Wi-Fi functionality through a simple serial port using a basic AT command set for wireless products and extended commands for additional features.
The RW8200 Serial Wi-Fi Module contains Wi-Fi networking and TCP/IP stack that enables simplified Wi-Fi integration into any MCU based consumer products. It provides Wi-Fi adoption in emerging markets including Connected Home Appliances, Consumer Electronics and Cloud-based Sensors, Healthcare and Security services.
· Interfaces: Serial and SPI
· Small size: 0.79” x 1.30” x 0.09” (20 x 33 x 2.2mm)
· USB interface available with a Serial-to-USB adapter
· 802.11 b/g/n compliant /g/n compliant
· Solutions with WLAN, MAC, base band and power amplifier
· Wi-Fi client and AP mode support
· Serial-to-Wi-Fi API interface
· RTOS & TCP/IP stack support
· Configurable through AT commands
· Wi-Fi security: WEP-128, WPA-PSK (TKIP), WPA2-PSK
· Low power 3.3V operation
· Extended operating temperature (-30°C to +85°C)
· On-board antennas or U.FL connectors
· Dual antennae for MIMO single stream operation
· Sensor applications support: ADC, DAC, I2C, GPIO
· Transmit power: +18 dBm @ 11b/11Mbps
· Maximum receive sensitivity: -96dBm
· Agency approvals: FCC, IC & CE Certifications (pending)
· RoHS compliant
· Lighting Control
· HVAC Control
· Medical Devices
· Glucose Monitor
· ECG/Heart Monitor
· Blood Pressure Monitor
· Fitness Equipment
· Security Cameras
· Security Alarm System
· Remote Control
· Building Automation
Pricing & availability:
Samples of RW8200 are available now, on a first comes first served basis. The pricing starts at US $29.00 each in quantity of 1000 pieces. Bulk discounts are available for higher OEM volume requests.