Module provides a flexible solution for passive infrared-based motion detection applications
Zilog introduces its latest detection and control technology ideally suited for motion detection applications including customer sensing, lighting control and other energy management purposes.
The ZMOTION Detection Module II (ZDM II) provides an integrated and flexible solution for Passive Infrared (PIR)-based motion detection applications. It is an excellent solution for detecting people as they approach entrances, kiosks, product displays, vending machines, appliances and advertising displays. It includes the Z8FS040 MCU and supports a selection of lenses to fit a range of occupancy detection applications. The Z8FS040 MCU ships preprogrammed with motion detection software algorithms that comprise the ZMOTION Engine. These algorithms run in the background while control and status of the Engine is accessed through the software Application Programmer Interface (API). Optimized API settings are provided that match Engine operation to each of the lens and pyroelectric sensor combinations provided.
With this announcement, ZDM II is also available in a reference design which demonstrates how to use the Module and how to implement additional hardware and software functions. This ZDM II reference design offers the following features:
• Complete board-level motion detection design supporting the following five lens types:
– NCL-10IL (7 meter wall mount, wide angle) installed
– NCL-10S (12 meter wall mount, corridor, directional)
– NCL-9(26) (5 meter wall/ceiling mount, 2:1 diameter-to-height coverage ratio)
– NCL-3R (ceiling mount, 1.8:1 diameter-to-height coverage ratio)
– NCL-3B (3 meter wall mount, wide angle)
• Employs a low-cost RE200B dual-element pyroelectric sensor
• Low-cost modular design
• Serial and hardware configuration modes
• Automatic temperature compensation
• Standard 8-pin 0.100" header interface
The ZMOTION Detection Module II featuring PIR technology is currently in production and now available to ship to customers that place orders through distributors. For more information, visit www.zilog.com