Varistors offer higher surge current ratings in smaller disc sizespplications
Littelfuse has introduced the LV UltraMOV Series of low voltage, high surge current, radial leaded varistors. They provide an ideal circuit protection solution for lower DC voltage applications by offering higher surge ratings than ever before available in such small disc sizes. Their high peak surge current rating provides superior protection against high peak surges, including indirect lightning strike interference, system switching transients and abnormal fast transients from the power source. Typical applications of these devices include LED lighting drivers, cordless phones, wireless base stations, audio devices, mobile phone chargers, security systems, fire alarm systems and automation control systems (PLCs).
The LV UltraMOV Series Varistors offer these key features and benefits:
• Breakthrough in low voltage varistor design provides high peak surge current rating
• Reduced footprint and volume required for surge protection
• High energy absorption capability
• High resistance to temperature cycling
• Optional phenolic coating
• Lead-free, halogen-free, and RoHS compliant
• Increased long-term reliability due to the ability to handle higher surges over the end product's lifetime
• More board space is available for higher value functional components
• Lower weight and cost for end product from use of a smaller disc
• Higher surge handling density in critical surge protection device module solutions
• Higher operating temperature range—up to 125ºC
• Environmentally friendly product
TheLV UltraMOV Series Varistorsare available in bulk, tape and reel, and ammopackaging. Samples are available now for bulk orders; sample requests can be placed through authorized Littelfuse distributors worldwide. For a listing of Littelfuse distributors, please visit www.Littelfuse.com.