Design tools give engineers an edge in online printed circuit board design
Aspen Labs and Digi-Key Corporation are giving engineers access to a new set of free, online CAD tools to support Printed Circuit Board (PCB) design and development.
PCBWeb is an online CAD application for designing and manufacturing electronics circuit boards, available at no cost. It aims to help engineers move projects from the earliest stages all the way through to a finished hardware design, ready to send off for production.
The free and easy-to-use PCBWeb tool offers these features:
- Schematic Capture
- Supports multi-sheet designs
- PCB Layout
- Supports multi-layer boards with DRC
- A Component Editor
- Create symbols and footprints
- A Design Experience Tightly Integrated with Digi-Key Suppliers
- Place Digi-Key parts into designs and easily manage those parts using the PCBWeb bill of materials editor
This is the third joint venture from Aspen Labs and Digi-Key, stemming from the engineering community’s desire for free or low-cost, easy to use, online design tools.
Other resources from Aspen Labs and Digi-Key include:
- Scheme-It: A basic online circuit design tool
- PartSim: A more advanced circuit design utility that offers tools such as a full SPICE (Simulation Program with Integrated Circuit Emphasis) simulation engine, web-based schematic capture tool, and a graphical waveform viewer